There is currently no functioning Genealogy Society in Leavenworth County.
LV Leavenworth County, Kansas, was established in 1855. It was one of Kansas’ original 36 counties and named for Henry Leavenworth, a General in the Indian Wars who established Fort Leavenworth. The county seat of Leavenworth County is Leavenworth, Kansas.
Other Leavenworth County Genealogical Resource
- Leavenworth County Old Genealogy Website
- Leavenworth County GenWeb
- Leavenworth County Historical Society
- Leavenworth County Burial Database
- Leavenworth County Genealogy Trails
- Leavenworth County Find-A-Grave
- Leavenworth County Courthouse
- Leavenworth County Resources – Rootsweb
- Leavenworth County Genealogy – FamilySearch
White Cloud, KS - In another part of the paper, we publish accounts of the affair of Gen. Lane, at Atchison, and the escape of Haller, the murderer of Lyle, from Fort Leavenworth, taken from the Leavenworth Herald. As usual, they are trimmed off with the usual amount...read more
A correspondent of the New York Tribune, says that on the 29th of June last an election was held in Leavenworth city to fill vacancies occasioned by the resignation of several pro-slavery Councilmen. That no violence was premeditated or anticipated during the day, is...read more
LEAVENWORTH - Last year Mr. Hopps, a Free State man, was murdered near this city, and barbarously scalped. Suspicion rested strongly upon Fugit, as he was seen to exhibit a scalp, and moreover made a bet, on the morning of the day that Hopps was killed, of six dollars...read more