Select Page

SYLVAN GROVE – Mrs. Jane Richardson’s clothing caught fire while she was burning leaves in the yard, and before the flames could be extinguished she was fatally burned.  Her clothing was burned entirely from her body, and in many places the flesh was cooked.  Mrs. Richardson was a widow and lived alone.  She was 70 years of age and had lived at Sylvan Grove for many years.  The Chanute Times, Chanute, Kansas.  Friday, November 18, 1910.  (c) Transcribed by Darren McMannis for the Kansas Council of Genealogical Societies, Inc.